What You’ll Need:
9 Cotton fabric 9 Scissors 9 Ribbon ( 3⁄8-inch ) 9 Velcro ( 1⁄4-inch ) 9 Fabric glue or hot glue gun
HAPPY 4TH No-Sew
Kitty Bow Ties
BY ANNIE B. SHIRREFFS
We’re Doing ...
1. Cut out a rectangle from the fabric (about 4 by 9 inches).
2. Flip the fabric over to show the back, then fold in the long ends so
they meet in the middle.
3. Fold in the short ends, slightly overlapping them in the middle.
4. Pinch together at the center to form bow tie shape.
5. Wrap the ribbon around the center and tie in the back.
6. Use fabric glue or hot glue gun to secure Velcro to the ends of
another piece of ribbon (about 10 inches).
7. Add a piece of Velcro or a dab of glue to the center of the ribbon
and to the back of the bow.
Get your cat in the 4th of July spirit
with these no-sew bow ties.
Pets of the
KELLIE B. GORMLY
Sometimes an animal-welfare organization comes along that is so unique and so
moving in its mission, it astonish-es me. That is the case with Pets
of the Homeless, a charity based
in Carson City, Nevada. This organization focuses exclusively on
providing food and emergency
veterinary care to the pets of
I admit that one of my first
reactions was thinking, should
a homeless person have a pet?