Cake pops are like the cats of the dessert world: insanely pop-
ular, a bit intimidating, and always adorable. While cake pops
might be more fun at parties, these are sure to pay homage to
your feline friend.
YOU WILL NEED
• Undecorated cake pops
• Chocolate chips
• Chocolate in three colors of your choosing
(We used 1 bag pink chocolate wafers, 1⁄ 4 bag white chocolate
wafers, 1⁄ 4 bag brown chocolate wafers.)
• Vegetable shortening
• Plastic piping bag
• Pointed stick, skewer, or toothpick
Follow your favorite cake pop recipe. Here’s what to do when
you are ready to decorate:
1. Use melted chocolate to “glue” choco-
late chips to your cake pop. These will be
the cat’s ears.
2. Place in fridge or freezer, and allow
chocolate to set completely.
3. Melt pink chocolate for your cat’s fur.
Use vegetable shortening to thin choc-
olate so it coats, but also flows from a
4. Dip cake pops into melted chocolate.
Your chocolate should be warm and flow-
ing, but not hot.
5. Rotate your stick to knock off any
excess chocolate and create a smooth finish.
6. Place back in fridge to harden. If you want to avoid a cake
pop with a flat top, keep your pops standing upright by placing
the sticks into a piece of plastic foam or a small cardboard box.
7. Melt white chocolate for the face; this should be slightly
thicker than the pink. Put into your piping bag, and cut a small
hole at the bottom.
8. Use the white chocolate to make two larger circles for the
cheeks and two smaller circles for the eyes.
9. Melt brown chocolate, and use your stick to dab on details
like the eyes and the nose.
10. Thin the brown chocolate with vegetable shortening until it
drizzles. Use your stick to drizzle on whiskers.
Have fun with your cat pops! Use your favorite colors, or use
additional colors to add details like stripes or spots. It may take
a little practice to get them right, but remember, just like cats,
each cat pop is unique.
BY SAMANTHA MEYERS RECIPE
Because You Can't Stay Mad at
SAVING SHOELACES SINCE1998
N-Bone® Cat Chew Treats
The perfect stick shaped
dental treat for the problem
chewer in your life.
MADE USA IN THE